Not the average problem with wireless connection. Please help me..
huangbrian

I've been having wireless connection problems ever since I upgraded to Verizon FiOS from Verizon Wireless. Before upgrading to Verizon FiOS in the fall of 2012, my brother's laptop connected just fine with the connection. After upgrading to Verizon FiOS, my brother's laptop could not connect to the internet. It showed the wireless connection signal as Excellent, but I could not access the internet. Either it would be extremely slow or there would be no connection at all. Also, the router would sometimes restart itself randomly, and it was extremely annoying for me since I am hardwired with my desktop.

This was weird because my iPod Touch connected perfectly fine to the wifi. So I thought it must be the laptop. But I brought the laptop over to my cousin's house, who also happens to have Verizon FiOS, and the laptop connected perfectly fine. I called Verizon and none of the technicians knew what the problem was. We tried disabling and enabling the router, changing the channels, and anything that was on the list. They couldn't help me and I was extremely disappointed because not only am I not accessing the internet with my brother's laptop, but I am also paying for the service too. The last technician I called in 2012 decided to send me a new router. I hoped this would work, but it did not. This router, too, would completely reset itself numerous times before settling down and letting me use the internet.

I gave up after that. But in the spring of 2013, I got really fed up with the service I was receiving and I decided to call Verizon again. Again, Verizon tried to help me fix the laptop with their tools and solution guides. But nothing good came out of it, so I decided to ask for a technician to come to my apartment to fix it. We scheduled a day and I was pretty excited since I was almost positive that the connection for the laptop would be fine by then.

I was wrong. The technician came and only stayed for about 20 minutes. He said it must be the laptop or it must be that the walls are too thick in my apartment. But that can't be it since, in my cousin's house, the router is on the second floor and my brother was using his laptop on the first floor. So it couldn't be the laptop nor the house. So we came to no conclusion. He just attached a mini router to the laptop and hardwired it. I wasn't so content but I was glad my brother could finally use the internet now.

About three months pass by and I decide to get myself a new laptop. I get it and I am hoping the wireless connection works. It did, so I was almost positive that it was my brother's laptop that was the problem, not the wireless signal. I go on vacation for a few days and I connect perfectly fine at my friend's house. When I return home and try to connect to my wireless connection, it didn't work!

At this point, I am extremely frustrated. I decided to call Verizon again to replace my router because it was being extremely annoying. It kept resetting itself and I was tired of it. I replaced the router, and this is the router I currently have, but I STILL have the same problem. It resets itself on its own time and I hate it because I'm always in the middle of something. Wow, just wow. There is nothing they could do to help me fix this. I call up a technician, for the millionth time, and he tells me he can't access my router. This occurred with the previous technician who sent me the new router. He tells me his tools are not working and tells me he'll call me back the next day.

It was the next day and I did not receive any phone call. I am extremely disappointed in Verizon FiOS' service and it's customer service. I leave it alone and I just hardwire my laptop to the router. Of course this works, but what's the point of having a laptop when I have to keep it hardwired on my desk? After a day or two, I decide to check if the wireless connection works, and it did. I was surprised. But every now and then, it would shift on and off. Most of the time, the wireless connection is either EXREMELY SLOW or I get none at all, nonetheless, it still says the connection is Excellent.

Please, if there is anyone who could help or try to help me, I would most appreciate it. If there is more information that you need, ask me and I will try my best to provide it to you.

0 Likes
Re: Not the average problem with wireless connection. Please help me..
jsherrard

Admittedly, that IS a strange case. Unfortunately, it sounds like all possible troubleshooting has been done by the tech support agents. you mentioned that you were dissatisfied with your other service, did it have a similar problem? theres a possibility of dirty fiber or a bad ONT port, but the random rebooting of the router would almost exclusively be a bad router. question: is the router in the same location as before?

0 Likes
Re: Not the average problem with wireless connection. Please help me..
huangbrian

No, I have not moved the router to a different location. It has always been in the same place, right on my desk next to my PC moniter and my laptop. I was thinking that the technician who came to install the fiber optic cables did a bad job. I am not sure but it could be a possibility. It was also a snowy day that day. Is there anything I can do to fix my problem?

0 Likes