Notifying users about e-mail service problems
egertoni

Does Verizon post any notice when its e-mail service is having problems?  The last few days I keep getting error messages that e-mails cannot be sent (often, though, when I check the "Sent" folder, they've been sent -- I assume).

0 Likes
Re: Notifying users about e-mail service problems
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

What error are you getting when sending?

0 Likes
egertoni

The error message is something like:  "Warning We were unable to perform your request. Please try again"

Things may be better today.  But the question still stands -- does Verizon let users know when it is having problems with the e-mail service?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Verizon makes announcements on the "Important Announcements" section of the Verizon Central page. You can check for connection issues on the System Status link on the left side of that page. The only thing I see listed under mail is from 2005 though, so not sure that page is accurate...

They will occasionally alter their automated system to state that there is an outage going on if it's big enough, and tech support can check a list of outages if it's not on the IVRU.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

also quite often if there is a large wide spread issue going on, someone will post about it here on the forums and then one of the employee's here will respond and confirm and provide what ever work around or solution they have.

0 Likes