ONT Fail within 48 hrs
smithhenry

So we switched to Fios. Got the install, everything humming ok. Then I go to move the router to a better place in the house. I literally unplug the WAN cable and power, move it, and plug everything back in. Network is ok, but no pipe. Went through the app solution guides, didn’t work (and references outdated or inapplicable equipment). Waited ages for tech support. Spent ages going through the song and dance, to no avail. Really? The ONT connection is bad? Another tech call? It was just installed. No I can’t take time off work. Anyone else have this issue? Don’t make me regret this Verizon, I’m begging you. 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: ONT Fail within 48 hrs
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Router WAN connection from ONT is typically ethernet now. If you moved your router to the other room then that is most likely why it is not working. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Relating to previous post, have you tried moving router back to see if it works in original location?

Can you describe how it was hooked up? And how it is homes up now?

0 Likes
Sabo04

Same thing happened to mine. Total **bleep**. Their ONT is def not brand new they are using recycled hardware and it's failing for everyone left and right. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

This thread should be retitled “Router” and not “ONT” since the original poster moved his router, not the ont. The ONT stays put. Why would a customer unhook it and move it elsewhere?

the router when unplugged has to recycle to grab the DNS however the simple solution would be to purchase a longer cat6 ethernet cable that can reach the ONT or run ethernet through the home via a switch from the ONT location.

0 Likes