Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

ONT Fail within 48 hrs

smithhenry
Contributor
Contributor

ONT Fail within 48 hrs

Message 1 of 5
(1,549 Views)

So we switched to Fios. Got the install, everything humming ok. Then I go to move the router to a better place in the house. I literally unplug the WAN cable and power, move it, and plug everything back in. Network is ok, but no pipe. Went through the app solution guides, didn’t work (and references outdated or inapplicable equipment). Waited ages for tech support. Spent ages going through the song and dance, to no avail. Really? The ONT connection is bad? Another tech call? It was just installed. No I can’t take time off work. Anyone else have this issue? Don’t make me regret this Verizon, I’m begging you. 

4 REPLIES 4
Edg1
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: ONT Fail within 48 hrs

Message 2 of 5
(1,548 Views)

Router WAN connection from ONT is typically ethernet now. If you moved your router to the other room then that is most likely why it is not working. 

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 5
(1,540 Views)

Relating to previous post, have you tried moving router back to see if it works in original location?

Can you describe how it was hooked up? And how it is homes up now?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Sabo04
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(1,209 Views)

Same thing happened to mine. Total **bleep**. Their ONT is def not brand new they are using recycled hardware and it's failing for everyone left and right. 

jonjones
Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 5 of 5
(1,193 Views)

This thread should be retitled “Router” and not “ONT” since the original poster moved his router, not the ont. The ONT stays put. Why would a customer unhook it and move it elsewhere?

the router when unplugged has to recycle to grab the DNS however the simple solution would be to purchase a longer cat6 ethernet cable that can reach the ONT or run ethernet through the home via a switch from the ONT location.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.