ONT Question
davehall831
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good Day,

I am wondering if someoen here can help me out. I have a Alcatel Lucent ONT. It was put in for the 150/65 service and now they are using CAT 5e cabling instead of coax for the WAN connection to the router. However, I want to move the ONT to the inside. I understand there may be an indoor ONT that is better? If so do you know how I can ask verizion to move my ONT inside? It would be directly on the other side of the wall, there is already a hole for the cable, i put up 3/4 inch plywood and a power outlet and grounding bar which is no  more than 3 ft from the electrical service panel. Do you think the tech's will move it on my service order? The previous tech did a bad job on the ONT and it's not even weather rated cat5e which will deteriorate over time. I am running CAT6a shielded on the inside of the home for them and all they have to do is move and mount the box and hook up the fiber thats it...not too hard, i could do thsi myself but want them to do it since it's their equipment. However, if they refuse I will move it myself but my hopes is since I have made power, grounding, the ethernet and all required cabling easy for them and all they got to do is plug in and test it out to make sure it's good, you would think this would be a real easy job for someone but not sure if I will get push back.

0 Likes
Re: ONT Question
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

VZ will move the ONT inside for you, but they will charge you for a truck roll.

Moving it yourself is NOT is DIY job.

0 Likes