ONT box acting up
Parzival23

So I had Verizon Fios installed 2 days ago. I had no issues at all day one, but on day two around 11:00pm I started getting serious issues. I have troubleshooted and tested everything. It all comes down to the ONT box. The data light will go out, and then I won't have internet until I unplug the ONT and plug it back in. That's it, just a simple unplug and replug, the cables are all fine and seated/fitted properly (I have reseated them multiple times to see if it had anything to do with the issue, but it doesn't have any correlation to the issue). Do I contact Verizon and demand ANOTHER new install of an ONT? I'm thinking maybe mine was refurbished but is acting up again or something. I called them earlier and they said my light level was fine (for the connection reaching the ONT).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

0 Likes
Re: ONT box acting up
jonjones1
Legend

You could call them again and insist they fix the ONT but you may incur a premise visit if found not to be an issue.

you have a 30 days total customer satisfaction guarantee so you can invoke that and just move on.

You can also contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via google search and call and tell them what is happening. They regulate Verizon and may be able to get your issue resolved.

0 Likes
Re: ONT box acting up
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How often does it happen?

If possible, wait for the enxt failure, then contact support.

I have had good luck with twitter @verizonsupport.

Not instantaneous, but will respond fairly quickly.

0 Likes