Re: ONT model needed for Gigabit service
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@sanitizer wrote:

Hi, pretty much same question:  I have the I-211M-K.  Is this Gigabit compatible?  Is there a definitive list?  They keep wanting to send a tech.  I don't need a tech.  I can make my own cables.  I just need them to enable the ethernet port.  Would rather buy an ONT from ebay than deal with a tech.

Yes the I211MK desktop ONT is GPON and gigabit. It is the predecessor to the current I211ML. The reason they want to send a tech is because your data is in MoCA. What you need to do do is run the ethernet from the ONT to your router. Next either call tech support, @VerizonSupport on Twitter, or Verizon Direct on dslreports.com and have them switch you to ethernet. Once that is done you will be able to go online and order a higher internet speed without a tech visit. 

iBlaineman

If you have FIOS TV can you still change your ONT to ethernet?

0 Likes
sanitizer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks @EDg1 !  I have already run an ethernet cable.  My current Internet service is on Comcast.  I have a router that is capable of doing load balancing or failover.  The only thing I currently have on my Verizon account is basic Phone (used for alarm system).   I will try to the contacts you referenced.  Dealing with the Chat Agents has been like negotiating with the Ferengi.  I don't want bundles.  I just need internet!

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@iBlaineman wrote:

If you have FIOS TV can you still change your ONT to ethernet?

Yes. You will just have both ethernet and coax connected to the router. The ethernet provides the WAN connection to the internet and the coax provides the MoCA LAN connection for the set-top boxes.