ONT restart required every 15mins for internet to work

ONT restart required every 15mins for internet to work

Highlighted
Contributor VZ-Cust
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(699 Views)

Hi All

I recently had my ONT moved to a different location. And a week later I had a power outage at my home for a electricity maintenance. After the power came back up I noticed that my internet is not functioning. Router restart did not help either. Then I restarted the ONT and then internet came back online. But internet keeps going down after 15mins of ONT restart. I've tried restarting the ONT over 10 times now. It only lasts for 15mins only. Any idea what could be going on ?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 5
(651 Views)

When it stops, what indications do you have on the router and the ONT?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor VZ-Cust
Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(639 Views)

Thanks for your response. Indications are

1. The internet green LED stops blinking on the Wifi router.

2. On the ONT, MoCA light which blinks occationally when there is internet stops blinking completely.

After the ONT restart the ONT MoCA starts blinking and internet is available. That only lasts for 15mins.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 5
(594 Views)

So the only thing that stops is the moca activity light on ont?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Contributor VZ-Cust
Contributor
Message 5 of 5
(579 Views)

yes thats correct, The rest of the lights stay green.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.