Switch Account

ONT status display via browser

ONT status display via browser

SOLVED
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 1 of 3
(720 Views)

In the days of my (soon-to-be-former) DOCSIS cable modem, it had its own IP/URL (usually http://192.168.100.1) which served a set of status & log pages that could be viewed in a browser.  I know the FiOS (Actiontec) router has it's own IP and HTTP interface — been there, done that.  Does the ONT have something similar?  If so, is it of any use?

2 REPLIES 2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 3
(706 Views)

I don't think it has a direct interface you can access, but a few pages in the Router are devoted to information about the ONT.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 3
(648 Views)

The ONT has information that can be accessed by Verizon, and also sports some firmware which can be upgraded. From your end, the ONT is essentially a layer 2 device (meaning, you cannot see it. Provides conversion between mediums on Layer 1, and offers a link over physical medium from A to B via Layer 2). Anything you have access to see is available from the FiOS router.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.