Old ONT with Gigabit Service?
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have an old ONT built July 2009 model # I-211M-G.  ONT is provisioned for ethernet access and am wondering if this will support gigabit speed.
I believe that I upgraded my account though I don't see that access reflected on the account though is pretty hard to determine as there doesn't appear to any way to test wired access speeds.  Using Speedtest.net seems to show Upload speeds of 500 and download of 64, sometimes!  Speed testing on the Verizon site appears to be only for WIFI which I don't really use. speedtest.net gives varying speeds with no consistent figures.  Building is wired with several routers, all gigabit capable, but none of the internal ones show any speed anywhere close to gigabit speed.
The gateway router connected to the ONT is an Asus RT-AC66W which is connected to a Fios G1100 router 0n the other side of the house via a pair of Gigabit switches at each end,

0 Likes
Re: Old ONT with Gigabit Service?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Theoretically, yes. But this ONT is being phased out and it is probably too old.

You need to mention the ONT situation to the FCS. Not sure if you need to pay $99 for a technician visit.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks for the info

Who/What are FCS and how do I contact them?

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

FSC is "Fiber Solutions Center."  It used to be a separate support team, but not anymore.  In other words, it's Verizon support.  You can call or chat using the usual methods.  However, for best results, use the social media support team.  Contact them by tweeting @verizonsupport or posting over in https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirectz.

If you can, make the G1100 primary and run the Verizon speed test.  It runs a router only speed test.  If that is well below your provisioned speed, Verizon support will pay attention to the results.

0 Likes