One laptop stopped being able to connect to FIOS
cjgilday1

We have 4 laptops at home all using Fios wireless router for internet connection. One of the laptops (the oldest - an IBM ThinkPad T60) was also using the internet, then suddenly stopped being able to connect. That same laptop can leave the house and go to a WiFi free hotspot and connec t with no problem. I have rebooted the laptop, uninstalled and re-installed the wireless adapter and nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: One laptop stopped being able to connect to FIOS
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Are you getting an IP address?  Are you connecting successfully to the router via wireless?

0 Likes
Re: One laptop stopped being able to connect to FIOS
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@cjgilday wrote:

We have 4 laptops at home all using Fios wireless router for internet connection. One of the laptops (the oldest - an IBM ThinkPad T60) was also using the internet, then suddenly stopped being able to connect. That same laptop can leave the house and go to a WiFi free hotspot and connec t with no problem. I have rebooted the laptop, uninstalled and re-installed the wireless adapter and nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?

login to the router as admin and find the device on the my network tab. Click on the device and select delete.  The see if it will connect and get a new dhcp address

0 Likes