Switch Account

Onkyo wifi receiver can no longer receive internet radio

Onkyo wifi receiver can no longer receive internet radio

Copper Contributor bobgare
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(1,214 Views)

My Onkyo TX-NR709 receiver connects wirelessly to my router and then connects to internet radio.  For me usually that is XM radio.  Last week I had to do a hard re-set of my router (Actiontec) because of an Apple software issue.  Now I have everything working except my receiver.  It sees and connects to the router but gets a can't connect to server message when trying to connect to internet radio..  What am I missing?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Copper Contributor bobgare
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 3
(1,208 Views)

I have an Epson wireless printer, 2 macbooks wireless, PC hard wired and Onkyo TX-NR709 wireless.  Only the receiver has a problem.

Contributor Eluse
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(1,151 Views)

I have the same reciever and run a Cat5 to it. What I found was that I could not go through another routher or switch first, it only works directly to the verizon modem/router. I originally ran 1 line to that room than had a switch on it to go to the receiver, Xbox, tv etc, but the Onkyo would not get internet radio unless the connection was direct.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.