Optimizer Message
jkiv
Contributor - Level 1

My OS is Vista 32 bit and I get the following Analysis after running the Verizon Speed Test:  "Your PC has not been optimized for the premium experience offered by FIOS. Learn more about the FIOS Optimizer and run this test again."

I did run the FIOS Optimizer using IE ver 8 in Administrator Mode.  It completed very fast giving me the impression that it really didn't run at all.  I re-ran the Verizon Speed test and again got the same 'not optimized' message in the Analysis.

The speed results appear to be close to where they should be, so I was wondering which is happening.  Is the Verizon Speed Test Analysis wrong or is it correct and the FIOS Optimizer is not working.  What settings, located where can I check to find out for certain.  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Optimizer Message
prisaz
Legend

My connection was optimized under Vista 64bit and I have always had the same message. "Your PC has not been optimized for the premium experience offered by FiOS." But if you look at the speed limitation under the Speed Analysis, it says 0 limitations in all three catagories. If the PC has not been "Optimized" it will usually show a limitation in the PC catagory. Yes it would be nice if this was fixed, and the app actually knew if it had been run before.

0 Likes
jkiv
Contributor - Level 1

@prisaz wrote:

My connection was optimized under Vista 64bit and I have always had the same message. "Your PC has not been optimized for the premium experience offered by FiOS." But if you look at the speed limitation under the Speed Analysis, it says 0 limitations in all three catagories. If the PC has not been "Optimized" it will usually show a limitation in the PC catagory. Yes it would be nice if this was fixed, and the app actually knew if it had been run before.

It does show a problem with PC.  It show the following when I go to analysis:

Speed Information

Your PC has not been optimized for the premium experience offered by FiOS. Learn more about FiOS Optimizer and run this test again.

Pass
Test Server

Fail
Customer PC

Pass
Network

= OK    = Problem

So what settings does the Optimizer change, what does it change them to  and where would I find these settings so I can check and maybe change them.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is my two cents.

If you wanted to tweak the connection, I would go to website where people can help you (and more importantly how to undo what you just did)

For example, the people over at

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/tweaks

DSLR (dslreports.com) Forums » Tech and Talk » OS and Software » Broadband Tweaks

^^

By Example, I mean you do not have to use DSLR (dslreports.com) as the site with people that you get help from.

0 Likes