Orbi Mesh vs FiOS 3100 Router/Extender
tdeprenda
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the Verizon approved Orbi system. Internet and wifi work great. Good coverage. A big issue I have is streaming from the FiOS TV One DVR. Netflix and prime work fine.  The iOS app either doesn't respond for streaming from the DVR or we get an error message. We primarily watch content at night in bed and it is unwatchable. I have restarted everything. Verizon support is useless. All they want you to do is reset everything. Been there, done that. So my question is, would going back to a full Verizon eco-system (their router, etc) be better or solve this? This group seems to be more knowledge. I have posted in the TV forum and no one responds. Admin please do not move this message. It is intended for this group.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Orbi Mesh vs FiOS 3100 Router/Extender
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tdeprenda wrote:

Yes, the Orbi is connected to the Verizon Quantum Gateway Router. The Orbi is setup per Verizon's instructions.

The Orbi is in AP mode? If not a double NAT may be your issue. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using Orbi connected to a Verizon router?

tdeprenda
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, the Orbi is connected to the Verizon Quantum Gateway Router. The Orbi is setup per Verizon's instructions.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried using the help feature within the app?

It goes to a dedicated app support team.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tdeprenda wrote:

The Orbi is in AP mode? If not a double NAT may be your issue. 

tdeprenda
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, per Verizon’s setup instructions, it is in AP mode.  

0 Likes
tdeprenda
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, have reached out to support via the app. Only advice was to reset everything. I have reset a few times. 

0 Likes