Order issues with self install kit and service activiation
wamio

So because my old Cable provider was starting to bother me with their fee increases, I decided to switch to FIOS last week even though the price difference is relatively small.

I ordered a self-install kit with service activation by Tuesday 3/22. The previous occupants had FIOS and there was an ONT in my basement already there. I never scheduled a tech visit, or received a shipping number. I always wanted FIOS, and I was actually reallyexcited. By Monday, I was concerned, because I took off Wednesday to set up my new FIOS and I still haven't received a shipping number. Monday, I called Tech support and talked to a representative who told me I should have the kit Tuesday, and if I don't call back.

Tuesday morning comes, and I get a call at 9:01AM saying a tech was at my house. What? Never received an appointment confirmation, and I specifically did not want a tech coming to my house. Obviously I missed the appointment. Hilariously, I get an email from Verizon at 9:08 confirming my setup for 8:45-9:45... is this a joke? It had me laughing, but contemplating my decision to switch.

I call Tuesday after work and again, explain that the previous occupants have had FIOS, there is an ONT there, the Data lights are on. He said the best he could do for me is send a Tech out Wednesday morning between 8-12. I was already taking off work, so I figured why not, I'll get it set up and have time to drop my equipment off at Comcast. He took down my phone number and gave me the time, but I didn't get a confirmation. Didn't think about it much because I had other things to attend to.

Wedneday (Today) I took off of work and waited by the door between 7-12:30p. Fed up, I called verizon. They told me they aren't sending a tech out today, and that I need an ONT. I told the representative that I have an ONT, just like the prior two reps. She forwarded me to tech support, who confirmed that I had an ONT after I described it to him (with the solid green Data light). He was excellent, but he said the earliest he can get me set up is Saturday. I work 7 days/week, so now I have to find a friend to come to my house, or take off again.

As a new Fios customer, I'm horrified to what I'm getting into. While everyone was nice on the phone, and gave me the perception that they were helping, nothing ever actually got done over the course of 1 week. Obviously my relationship with Verizon and Fios is off to a really bad start. I would think that getting my service (and billing) started would go very smoothly. I'm wondering how common this type of thing is... as in, once I'm actually established, if I have an issue, is the support going to be this bad regularly?

Will my billing start Saturday, or has it already started? I didn't think to ask the tech on the phone.

Also, with having to take off work and extending my Competitor plan even longer, should I ask if there is anything they can do for compensation? I've never had to ask for that sort of thing before, but I've never had this problem before with the Cable company.

I'm weighing my options and considering that I might just cancel Fios and stay with my Current provider.

0 Likes
Re: Order issues with self install kit and service activiation
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes