Outage in NJ area???
Playkiller

Since around 4 PM EST 3/21/11 i have had little to no internet connection. (little as is worse than dial up) I have been on the phone with tech support twice and they had no clue what the issue was. We thought it was my router, but here is the twist in the story... My brother lives two doors down on the same street as me, also has Fios service and is experiencing the same issues. I have tried using search engines to find a relation to an outage, but i have failed to find anything. If there has been any word of an outage in the NJ area, please reply and confirm and possibly an ETA on the fix. Thank you, and i look forward to a reply.

Jason from NJ.

0 Likes
Re: Outage in NJ area???
Gengo

You are not alone.  I've been having the same problem (download connection speed in the tenths or hundredths of a Mbps based on Verizon speed test) in the same time frame in Atlantic Highlands NJ.  Getting ready to call support.  Did you get any resolution?  Very frustrating.

Tim in Atlantic Highlands NJ

0 Likes
Dena811
Yeah there is an issue, I called up last night. They had me do troubleshooting and at the same time my Rep opened up a chat, another rep stated he had another person with the same issue so they' submitted a ticket and they said it will take about 2-days to investigate. And it's driving me crazy, I feel I'm back at dial up speeds.
0 Likes
SarahB2

Same exact problem here in Belford/Middletown. It's driving me insane. Just got off the phone with a tech who "doesn't see any outages" in the area. They're sending someone out tomorrow though I know the problem extends to others in the area. So frustrating. I just wanted to make sure my complaint was logged so that they're aware it's an outage.

0 Likes
Dena811

That guy's an idiot, they submitted a ticket yesterday because they saw several others having the same issue..

0 Likes
SarahB2

The guy wasn't an idiot, he was just working with the tools he could. He said there's an outage in Jamesburg NJ but not in my immediate area. It is obvious there is a bigger problem - they just don't know it yet - though that doesn't bode well for us. If they aren't seeing a wider problem right off the bat, then we'll probably have to do the back and forth for a few days where they keep telling us it's our house and we keep saying "then why do all these other people have the same problem?".

I kept telling the tech about the forums to make it clear the problem wasn't just me/my router. I tweeted it to VerizonSupport so hopefully someone will look into it.
0 Likes
Dena811

No he is an idiot because I called up the night before from keansburg, where that rep said another person from Keansburg had the issue and then while we were on the phone and he opened a chat, another person from Middletown had the issue and then he informed me their Networks were going to raise a ticket.  So your rep was an idiot for not even being able to pull that up and I am no where near Jamesburg

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm sure he wasn't being an idiot. Each of the techs have tools available to them as mentioned above, some have more access to the tools than others. If you managed to get a higher level tech on a call as a first-line tech support, you probably got someone who had more tools available to them. Not saying this is set in stone, but I've seen it happen many times with other providers when call volume is high.