|This is the last time your account was accessed.|
09-01-2011 05:47 PM
I am setting up my new laptop and would like to use Outlook for my email/contacts. I have used all the same settings as my old laptop and cannot send mail. I can recieve- just not send.
here ist he error message I get:
Task 'mail.trenandtradition.com - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
09-01-2011 06:06 PM
This is because the default SMTP Port (Port 25) is blocked on Verizon's end in an effort to cut down on spam attacks from the Verizon network. Try using the alternate SMTP port for your mail provider. If the old laptop was working correctly, check to see what port and security settings it is using, as it may clue into where the problem is.
01-05-2012 12:29 PM
I have been working with this issue all day long. I have changed my POP3 settings for 3 accounts and have tested each satisfactorily. However, when my desktop checks for incoming mail, one or two accounts indicate there's an error. It's intermittent, but very frustrating.
In addition, I have a laptop on a wireless connection and I cannot get my emails going either way. Is it because of the wireless connection, and if so, I've not seen any directions for fixes from Verizon.
01-05-2012 12:57 PM
I had to change mine and these are the ports I had to use. Incoming port 995 (POP3), outgoing port 25 (SMTP), verizon said in there email to use 465 port for outgoing but it does not work had to use 25. Make sure you enable SSL encryption for the incoming and outgoing mail server.
01-05-2012 01:34 PM
I've experienced similar problems today with Outlook 2003. I kept getting transmit errors. I reset the POP3 to 110 and the SMTP to 587 and turned off the SSL. Everything worked with those settings. I then changed everything back to the "new" settings of 995 for the POP3 and 465 for the SMTP and SSL on. The FIOS server hiccupped and now seems to be working fine with the new values, although judging from the server response time, it takes longer to process connection requests with the new SPAM software. As an aside, and something which I suspect is tied to the same problem, some emails, but not all, sent to me over the last few days have been dropped. They go into the Verizon cloud, but never emerge. Things seem to be working now, but stay tuned. I hope this helps.
01-06-2012 03:37 AM
As of 0530 6 Jan. Problem still not corrected. Intermittent email errors.
Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.
Server: 'incoming.verizon.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: POP3 Port: 995 Secure(SSL): Yes
01-06-2012 06:17 AM
I can confirm that the problem is not fixed as of 9:14 1/6/2012.
POP3 email using port 995 secure connection produces the error:
The POP3 server responded with an error. Server Response: '-ERR Connection limit reached for your IP address (Account: 'verison.net', POP3 Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Error Number: 0x800cc90)