Re: Outgoing mail issues with Fios & Outlook
shelfee60

"ERR Connection limit reached for your IP address"

I'm getting this same error message on my Droid trying to receive email on it. The whole thing goes back to the server info as noted. Prior to making the changes I was able to send mail but did not receive any since late last night.

I corrected my home account to make the changes Verizon has suggested. ports 995 and 465. Made those same changes to my Droid email account info and bingo...get the error message.

I am receiving home email with some delays or occasional account error messages. My Droid is much worse but has finally received the last 50 emails sent to me.

That tells me that all settings might be correct, correct????? But Verizon is still having an issue. In fact, I just lost a call with Verizon from my home phone and they have not called me back yet.

Verizon does have a message on hold acknowledging a problem and I assume it's the same problem that is causing my Droid problems with email but is it???

Anyone.

0 Likes
skloch

Finally got my e-mail updates to work with incoming and outgoing e-mail.  Found this solution on another website. 

Go to Tools>Accounts>select your account>Properties>Servers tab and ensure the box for "Log on using Secure Password Authentication." is not checked.  (This was the biggy.)

Under Servers Tab "Remember Password" and "My server requires authentication" are checked.

Under Advanced Tab "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)." is checked for both Outgoing and Incoming messages.

0 Likes
AnnaTude

Hello -

I also am getting a 0x80042109 message. I get it on either laptop whenever I am using my home internet connection through Verizon. I have no problems sending email through outlook on ANY other wireless internet connection anywhere. At work, the settings are fine, at coffee shops, etc.

Just spoke to Verizon tech who told me that I have to change my outgoing email server settings to my verizon default. I don't understand. Then my email will only work when on this home network and I'd have to change it again when I use another ISP. This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Is there not a way to easily manage settings so that ONE setting is the setting for any time? Please help. Thank you.

Anna

0 Likes
grannysmith
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you everybody, this gave me the final clues I needed to finish setting up Outlook 2010 on my laptop to use my WiFi connection in the house.

0 Likes
grannysmith
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you everybody, this gave me the final clues I needed to finish setting up Outlook 2010 on my laptop to use my WiFi connection in the house.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@silverado4x4 wrote:

I had to change mine and these are the ports I had to use.   Incoming port 995 (POP3),  outgoing port 25 (SMTP),   verizon said in there email to use 465 port for outgoing but it does not work had to use 25. Make sure you enable SSL encryption for the incoming and outgoing mail server.

Those look like the setting for Gmail in outlook except that 465 would be the gmail smtp port.

Typically the setting for  outlook are

incoming mail server your isp provided mail server or if verizon incomin.verizon.net

outoing mail server (smtp) outgoing.verizon.net

you will need to provide logon information for your incoming server

undser more settings

you will need to provide your verizon logon info for the outgoing server

on the advanced tab the incomong port is 110 and the outgoing port is 587

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AnnaTude wrote:

Hello -

I also am getting a 0x80042109 message. I get it on either laptop whenever I am using my home internet connection through Verizon. I have no problems sending email through outlook on ANY other wireless internet connection anywhere. At work, the settings are fine, at coffee shops, etc.

Just spoke to Verizon tech who told me that I have to change my outgoing email server settings to my verizon default. I don't understand. Then my email will only work when on this home network and I'd have to change it again when I use another ISP. This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Is there not a way to easily manage settings so that ONE setting is the setting for any time? Please help. Thank you.

Anna

Your email should work fine using the verizon outgoing server so long as you use port 587

another atlernative is to get a gmail account and use their outbound server for all you mail access - this has the added bonus that their outbound spam filter doesn't have the oddball quirks that the verizon spam filter has so that typically the stuff that verizon rejects will go through gmail.

Ah, just realized that somone revitalized a thread from over a year ago

We should get dead threads to auomtaically get marked dead or solved to stop posters reopening thme.

0 Likes
llmm1

skloch...you are awesome!!! I know it's pretty late to thank you but I searched everywhere for 2 days, tried everything, FINALLY, you had the right answer!!!  My iphone was sending and receiving fine but not my PC. Tried your way and everything is just peachy now!!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! 

0 Likes