Outrageous CMR Claim
strawberryhokie

Several weeks ago we had an issue with our service and we called to have a technician come out. We knew something was wrong outside because everything inside was fine. On the phone I asked I would be charged and they said no because the issue was outside of my house. A few days later, the technician came by, ran a temp. line within about 10 minutes and left. A few days after that, another crew came by to bury they line and about 30 minutes later they were gone.

About a week or so later, we got a bill for over $500. I called Verzion customer service who explained we had no charges and to disregard the bill. I made a note on the bill and sent it back to verizon. A few days later, I received another bill. This time, I called the number on the paper and sent two emails to the email listed. I called two times and left messages both times. A few days later I got a voice mail from the claim person with no information other than to call them back. I called a third time and left a message. It's been a few weeks, and today I spoke to the person on the phone. Who didn't seem to know I had left numerous messages and didn't acknowledge the emails either. When speaking to her she said she had no information on the damage and wanted to know how it happened. I explained that I didn't know, we were doing some yardwork near by but that shouldn't have caused the issue. She said she would call the technician to see if they remembered and would call me back.

This is terrible service and I'm extremely frustrated that I've been trying to resolve this with LITTLE follow up from this claims person that "represents" verizon. She made excuses for the customer service people and said that it was basically my problem. I still don't understand. This is the first issue I've had since I switched from Comcast almost a year + ago. I had been a comcast customer for over 12 years and I was happy until this came up. At least with comcast they don't charge you for things like this.... is this really how you treat your customers? Please advise!

0 Likes
Re: Outrageous CMR Claim
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi strawberryhokie,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes
Re: Outrageous CMR Claim
strawberryhokie

That's the problem. I've been trying to resolve the issue wtih the claims person and it's AWFUL. They are not responsive. Additionally, why was I told twice from Verizon customer service that this was wrong and I should not have any charges and then I get pushed to this claims department. This is my concern. Does verizon not care how the claims department is handling customers... if you look at this forum I'm not the only one with this issue.... this is a major problem!

0 Likes