Overcharged and Verizon FIOS telling me they can't and won't do anything about it // Hung up on
greentennis

In Oct 2014 I only signed a contract with Verizon FIOS for two more years because I was told that my bill would remain about the same that I paid the first two years.

When I noticed my bill, Verizon was overcharging me.  I called and explained this to Verizon and was told there was not anything they could do at the time for me to call back (late Sept or early Oct 2015) and see about getting a $15 credit for each month for the remaining 12 months to make the $ amount about right.

Well, today was that day that I called Verizon FIOS back.  I have been on the phone for 1 hour and 20 minutes so far, and Verizon FIOS customer service is telling me they cannot do anything.

What??  Was I only told that lie to get me to sign up for two more years?

I also am interested to know if others were told one price to sign a contract and the bill reflected a higher amount?

I would really appreciate if somebody at Verizon can help me get this issue resolved. 

I want to add that I spoke to two different customer service agents, and each time I asked to speak to a supervisor,  I was refused each time.  I was hung up on by the second agent.  That was very disappointing since I was on the phone for 1.5 hours trying to resolve the issue.  I frankly accomplished nothing!

0 Likes
Re: Overcharged and Verizon FIOS telling me they can't and won't do anything about it // Hung up on
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi greentennis,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes