Overcharged billing
Shrey30

I have been having regular issues with verizon services and have been trying to resolve my billing issue. There has been no track of my problems and the excessive charges put in my bill. This is my three month story with Verizon. I am being told a different story with every customer support executive and it is difficult to track each and every department associated with the billing.

• 11/23/2016 – Started services with Verizon
  • 12/26/2016 – Suspended my services temporarily since I was moving to a new house.
  • 12/25/2016 – Received bill of 99.98$. I was told by customer service that this includes for month November and December. But since my services were suspended, it will be carried over when I start next.
  • 1/25/2017 – Received bill of 109.98$. Inclusive of December bill which was unpaid.
  • 1/28/2017 – Restored my services but could not shift my services since previous tenants did not cancel their connection. I was told I will be informed when they do but never got a call back from Verizon. I was told to pay off my bills when services were restored.
  • 2/8/2017 – Finally after a lot many calls, Verizon shifted my services to new apartment. But did not start services.
  • 2/15/2017 –Paid off outstanding amount 109.98$.
  • 2/17/2017 – Technician arrived. I was informed that since my new apartment did not have necessary equipment for Fios services, the visit will be free of charge. He installed the equipment to which my Router was connected.
  • 2/25/2017 – Receive bill for 183$ with restoration, technical charges and charge for the period of suspension from 1/29 to 2/23.

Please note that the below three charges are unnecessary burden :

1. Restoration: Since my new apartment did not have necessary equipment for internet connection I was unable to pay. 
  2. Technical charges: I was told twice that there will be no charges but have been billed for it.
  3. Charges for 1/29 to 2/23 – This should be covered in my first bill of 99.98$ since I did not use services over the month of December to January.

I dont seem to understand Verizon's policy in billing and customer service as there is no log of what was resolved in the previous call and who I spoke to. Are you guys expecting me to write down each persons name I spoke to?? In one of the sessions I spoke to atleast 2-3 departments. I would prefer switching my services rather to another service provider if no solution is given.

To add to it, I am unable to view any of my bills on my mobile app or my verizon account.

0 Likes
Re: Overcharged billing
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi shrey30,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes