PLEASE HELP ME, I AM AT MY WITS END! Trying to port forward on verizon 9100EM
saxman2k

Okay, I have my static ip set up ( I have dont this 1000 times) and am trying to forward port 12490.  I have gone into the router settings, and told it to forward 12490 following this guid.

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_Internet&thread.id=358

And yet, try as I might, the port wont forward.  I have tried different ips, and different settings, and am pulling my freaking hair out here trying to get it to work.  Please, some one help me, and ill give you a shiny copper penny! 🙂

0 Likes
Re: PLEASE HELP ME, I AM AT MY WITS END! Trying to port forward on verizon 9100EM
prisaz
Legend

@saxman2k wrote:

Okay, I have my static ip set up ( I have dont this 1000 times) and am trying to forward port 12490.  I have gone into the router settings, and told it to forward 12490 following this guid.

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_Internet&thread.id=358

And yet, try as I might, the port wont forward.  I have tried different ips, and different settings, and am pulling my freaking hair out here trying to get it to work.  Please, some one help me, and ill give you a shiny copper penny! 🙂

What application are you useing to access this port and what are you running on this port to access?

This information might help us trouble shoot your issue.

Are you absolutely sure it is not being forwarded?

If your PC has a static address and you have forwarded this port to that address then it should work, providing you are useing the proper public IP address to access your router for this port. Please provide more information on what you are doing.

Message Edited by prisaz on 04-05-2009 06:04 PM
0 Likes
Re: PLEASE HELP ME, I AM AT MY WITS END! Trying to port forward on verizon 9100EM
saxman2k
I am trying to get bitcomet working.  FOR LEGAL DOWNLOADS ONLY!  🙂  I am absolutely sure that the port isnt forwarded.  Please help!  It is driving me crazy! 
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I know you say your are sure, but are you sure your Windows firewall is not blocking it?

http://blog.bitcomet.com/post/42214/

Please check and I will see if I can find an answer.

I have looked in the 9100em manual and there are detailed instructions there on port forwarding also. If it is not work I am at a loss. This is one comment I have seen that could give issues. If you have Bitcomet on more the one PC it could be an issue.

NOTE: Only one computer can be assigned to provide a specific service or application.

Message Edited by prisaz on 04-05-2009 06:33 PM
0 Likes
saxman2k
Yup.  All of my setting in the fire wall are correct, and I still cant get the port to forward. Im on vista, if that makes any difference.
0 Likes
VikeFan1961
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is a visual on setting up the port forwarding rules on the Verizon 9100EM.

http://www.screencast.com/users/vztester/folders/Jing/media/7a8b2077-b807-457c-9f97-18d3c8f4ce38

For Bitcomet you need to make sure that you forward both TCP and UDP traffic on the same port.  You probably will need to set up two forwarding rules to do this pointing both of them to the computer assigned with the static IP that you will be running Bitcomet from.

0 Likes
saxman2k
I tried to set 2 seperate rules for tcp and upd, but still nothing.  Port still wont forward.   Help!!  🙂
0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

Try this guide, it is for bitcomet but based off the actiontec (the firmware for this guide is practically the same as the westell so it shouldn't be difficult to follow).

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Actiontec/MI-424-WRv2/BitComet.htm

0 Likes
saxman2k
Thank you all for your help, but I got it working.  I updated the driver for my ethernet card, and it worked imidiatly. You all rock! Thank you!!!
0 Likes
Fuego

Same type problem with a brand new 9100em installed just over a week ago.

I've done this plenty of times with commercial class routers, and with Linksys, Netgear etc at home on previous ISPs, but can't get it working with this router on FIOS.  I setup port forwarding to a machine on the local network that is configured with a static IP.  As an example, TCP Port 3389 (Remote Desktop) is forwarded internally to 192.168.1.200 but will not work.  I've tried other ports for other applications such as TCP port 1723 of PPTP access and they won't work either.  Now here is the kicker - if I put that machine in the DMZ (only as a test) it can reach it from anywhere using the above ports/applications.  All other router functions are still set at defaults.

0 Likes