Re: POST YOUR SLOW DOWNLOAD OR UPLOAD SPEED
rander1

I've been dealing with this issue for over a month now ever since i started to stream video. Here I am during he day even on wireless. Don't care so much for upload so my download speed is what i expected:

Here I am on the same day seeing slow down so connected directly to the router and disconnected all other devices:

I've had several discussions with Support and even spoke to 2 Networking engineers. Both stated that the Lewisville TX area i live in is congested and can't handle the load at the CO. One stated they won't have an ETA since Frontier takes over April 1st. Then who knows what happnes next. Anyways, TWC just came through our new development and having them come out tomorrow. Getting one of their ultimate packages (200/20mpbs) for now until Verizon/Frontier figure this thing out. I'm on a private social network for my neighborhood called Nextdoor and alot of my neighbors near me are also seeing the same problem and have called in, but are getting the same response as I did. I plan on lowering my speed of 150/150mpbs from Verizon after a few days of TWC testing. We'll see. 

0 Likes
seantaylor32

0.07 download speed. 63 upload. Both mbps

Should be 50/50.

Won't come look at it because I can't test with a wired connection. Don't want to drank desktop computer to the living room so I guess I have to buy one of those dongles or a super long ethernet. My android tv does not work when it is plugged in directly. Also I'm 2 feet from the router on 3 different devices with this speed. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@seantaylor32 wrote:

0.07 download speed. 63 upload. Both mbps

Should be 50/50.

Won't come look at it because I can't test with a wired connection. Don't want to drank desktop computer to the living room so I guess I have to buy one of those dongles or a super long ethernet. My android tv does not work when it is plugged in directly. Also I'm 2 feet from the router on 3 different devices with this speed. 

Specificaaly testing to  Verizon speed site?  http://my.verizon.com/services/speedtest/

Can you borrow a laptop or other device to run the wired test so you can show results to Verizon?

Note try also their Network Diagnostic tool (NDT).  You can see this on the page after running the speedtest.  Note this may be a little tricky to get working because you may have to allow java to specific sites and run the browser as admin.  Running it might help diagnose problems in your computer network.  Obviously if its something with verizon particularly a bad ONT (at your house) or a bad OLT (at your local Verizon), it will not get you anywhere. 

0 Likes
TimInAshburn

I am having upload speed problems. I have run the optimizer and it said my PC is already optimized.  Verizon's own speed test shows 83 Mbps down and 23 Mbps up. I am paying for 75/75. I am on a wired connection. WIndows 10, 64 bit, Core I3 processor with 8GB RAM.image

0 Likes