Re: PPTP does not work from iPhone 6 using the new Verizon fios quantum wireless router
coair73x
Enthusiast - Level 2
I noticed the modem re boot late last night... glad they got the pptp fixed. I will test it when back in town.
0 Likes
Re: PPTP does not work from iPhone 6 using the new Verizon fios quantum wireless router
radek

This still is not fix. I cannot vpn using PPTP from any smart device in my house. I can use LPT2 and I can do it using my regular PC. But PPTP does not work. Please advice.

0 Likes
deebeedee
Enthusiast - Level 3

It started working for me when the FIOS router got updated to this version.

UI Version: v1.0.138
Firmware Version 0.26.29
Model Name: FiOS-G1100
Hardware Version: 1.03

Well that was many months back.

I have not checked the version lately.

Can you check if your version is the latest.

if it is then wondering if the bug has re-appeared.

0 Likes
radek

In my case is this

UI Version: v1.0.149
Firmware Version 0.26.42
Model Name: FiOS-G1100
Hardware Version: 1.03

So yes I have the most recent one and it is updated.

Verizon must broke this again.

How am I suppose to ask them to fix it ?

I was trying to call Verizon but tech support even don't know what I'm saying. 

I'm lost but I want this to work I need PPTP.

Thanks

0 Likes
deebeedee
Enthusiast - Level 3
Confirmed
I am also having this issue.
You are right they broke it again.
I will try calling tech support and escalating
Let's see if I can get through the typical not so knowledgable level 1 support
0 Likes
radek

Any luck with this issue?

Thanks

0 Likes
deebeedee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Level 1 did not understand the issue at all.

I have requested escalation today.

I highly doubt if they will fix this.

All I am interested is to report this bug, so that their developers can add it to their list and fix it in the next firmware release.

0 Likes
northstream

Any update on this? I tried to get connected to my work VPN and got bitten by this bug. Our router is a Quantum (FiOS-G1100), and the firmware version is 0.26.42. The first rung of Tech Support was completely unable to do anything for me, and I wanted to see if anybody had heard anything about this before wasting more hours on the phone.

0 Likes
deebeedee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Until they release a new firmware which fixes this code, you won't get any help from Tech Support.

And we "hope" that they know about this issue and fix it in the new firmware...

If they don't, then it will be pretty clear that VERIZON tech support is not doing a great job reporting bugs to developer teams. ie., Internal process possibly may suck.

0 Likes
northstream

Blergh, that's a cruddy place to be. Right now my options appear to be:

1) Drill holes in the floor and string a long cat-5 cable down to my workstation, instead of using wireless.

2) Just cope, and wait until my workplace (supposedly) upgrades our VPN to IPSec.

3) Buy a second wifi router and plug it into the LAN port on the Verizon router and let it handle wireless traffic for my workstation.

Seems bizarre that something like this would be overlooked.

0 Likes