Re: PPTP does not work from iPhone 6 using the new Verizon fios quantum wireless router
deebeedee
Enthusiast - Level 3

I created a ticket for this today.

Yet again.

It's so sad that verizon technical reps simply dont have the patience to listen and the courage to accept or acknowledge the issue.

its so simple.

and it is again for everyones reference.

PPTP works from home computers or laptops through the quantum gateway wireless router.

But it never works from iphones or ipads or any mobile devices like phones or tablets.

Yes, the same pptp connection will work if you use or have any other wireless router including the old actiontec routers

this is a firmware bug

it was fixed in Firmware Version 0.26.29

but broke again in Firmware Version 0.26.42

and now the firmware is all the way up to 1.2.0.36.108.1 and the problem continues !!

Verizon FIOS people, go reproduce this issue, you will see it your self!!!!

I plan to call a regional director if verizon does not work on my ticket.

0 Likes
Re: PPTP does not work from iPhone 6 using the new Verizon fios quantum wireless router
click4dylan
Contributor - Level 1

Our G1100 router has firmware 1.2.0.36.108.1 and PPTP is working just fine here. Connected from a neighbor's house, enabled the VPN through my iPad mini with iOS 8.4, and my IP showed up correct and web browsing worked just fine.

0 Likes
deebeedee
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am doubtful of the testing you did.

I purposely tried this all over again by even wiping phones and tablets and I still can't connect to PPTP VPN servers.

The moment I disable wifi and go back to ATT or Verizon, VPN works.

So the same VPN connection on the mobile device works on ATT/Verizon OR any wifi networks which don't have the quantum gateway.

Apologize for this but can you really confirm that it works for you ?

0 Likes