Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.
Shop online or through the My Verizon app and get your holiday orders fast.
In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
I have been having problems connecting to the internet through PS4. I installed a netgear AX1800 (wifi6) router a few weeks before switching to FIOS and the PS4 worked with it just fine. This week I got Fios installed and sometimes it can't resolve an IP. I wonder if there is some kind of Fios DNS or port blocking issues that are happening that stops the PS4 from connecting easily.
After a few tries of switching between 2.4 and 5ghz signals, I usually am able to connect. I think the fios performance for my PS4 is surprisingly poor compared to my other devices, which have no problem functioning. The PS4 speed test is showing around 70/10 whereas my cell phone and laptop (wifi ac standard devices) show around 170/170 and my router's speed test is showing 300/300. When I am connected, it seems like 2.4ghz works better, using WPA2-PSK( AES) , No Proxy, NAT type 2.
Yes they stay connected. i think its a problem with some NAT/DNS port filtering issue on Fios side. My other devices work fine but the play station has issues.
I spoke to netgear technical support and they had me change my wifi channels to less common channels and it helped improve my performance but getting an IP and routing on the first try with the PS4 is still an issue.