PSN Error 8002A548
FunkyMerkin

Hello,

For about the past 6 months I keep getting signed out of PSN displaying the error code '8002A548.'  This occurs within 20 minutes of signing in.  I don't think I have ever been signed into the PSN network for longer than 20 minutes.  I have done the following:

1) Restarting router and modem
2) Configured the port forwarding on a dedicated IP address for the PS3

3)  Setup a DMZ on my router

All of the above comes without success.  

I have contacted FIOS support but they are not much help, they assume restarting the router fixes the issue.  I have the Actiontec M1424WR router. Before I used fios I was with Comcast and this never occurred, I really think it's Verizon's router that is the issue itself.  Anytime I have contacted tech support they just try to send me another router which ends up being the same result.

Anything advice helps.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: PSN Error 8002A548
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

What version of the Actiontec router?

If it is a rev I there are some apparent issues with reboots.  The below may fix those issues

Make sure you have disabled IGMP proxy turned off.

use jump after logging on to the router.

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059

0 Likes
FunkyMerkin

Here are the specs of my router

Firmware Version: 40.21.10.2
Model Name: MI424WR-GEN3I
Hardware Version: I

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@FunkyMerkin wrote:

Here are the specs of my router

Firmware Version: 40.21.10.2
Model Name: MI424WR-GEN3I
Hardware Version: I

Did you try turning off the igmp proxy using the link in the previous post?

0 Likes
FunkyMerkin

Tried it and still no luck.  Currently I am locked out of my router and tech support cannot help me. Sending me a new router, this is my 5th router in 9 months.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

wish theyd' send me one.  I'm still on my first router in 5 years

How can you get locked out.  Just push and hold fro 10 secs the reset to factory deafults and the logon reverts to admin and whatever the default password dependant on you version routre.  Presumably in your case that is a rev I Actiontech so I believe the password is printed on the back label

0 Likes
FunkyMerkin

I have tried the factory reset and it still does not work.  Sometimes I am able to log into the router and change the password but the "session expires" and logs me out.  Forcing me to log back in again and I am back to square one.  These routers Fios gives you are pieces of garbage.  I just received a new one and it's the same issue.  I would contact their tech support but they are useless.  I hate to admit but Comcast is actually looking better than fios.

0 Likes