PSN error 80029564 and FIOS
ibamars
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just wondering if anyone who plays PS3 has encountered this issue. I have been with FIOS for 2 years and it just keeps getting worse when trying to download large files from the PSN store. I have tried all kinds of network changes, Reboots, Restores and the problem still persists. I have contacted support and they want me to try the Premium Care.

I have searched the internet tirelessly trying to find a solution that I have not tried and still same problem. I have the Actiontec M1424WR Rev E router. I have heard some things that its possible the NAT table (too small) maybe playing a role in the corrupt files due to its small size. Im not sure if that has a role in the corruption. But I am possibly thinking of purchasing the GEN 3 router to see if that would correct the issue.

I have no problems with DL speeds or Ping or Latency issues at all surfing the net. Its just when I try to DL large files from the PSN store. The current file I have been trying to DL for a week now is BF3. It is 12 GB file.

When I was with TIme Warner 2 years ago I never had this problem. Talking to friends I game with around the world. Some never experience the problem, some do. So it makes me believe its leading down to an ISP issue or router issue.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks first time poster. BTW I have also changed my PS3 settings to manual and automatic. I currently just did another Restore on the router and Restored the PS3 default settings. Still no luck, I also tried the reformat system and all the other nonsense for the PS3 and still nothing.

Am I wrong in thinking of purchasing another router or thinking the NAT table could be coming into play? I dont 100% understand NAT but my gameplay is fine to great so I am not sure.

Thanks again

0 Likes
Re: PSN error 80029564 and FIOS
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes it could be the NAT table size

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16233

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most people on PSN that report this bug, do so after a new LARGE game comes out.  It is a checksum error and is most likely related to large numbers of people trying to download the game.  The Playstations are not the best at handling errors like this, especially not at reassemblng all the packets which might come out of order. 

General hints.  Make sure lots of space on drive, and try again later (much later).

0 Likes
ibamars
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the replies. I have been doing extenive research on this. I re-did my configuration settings yesterday. I Enabled static IP outside of the DHCP range opened all ports again and enabled QOS. Last night just for giggles I tested a 2.5GB file to download from PSN. The DL went through with no issue.

Today I hopped on and tried again to DL BF3. Currently doing it as I type this. While downloading I constantly checked the security log. I got XXX.XX,XX.XXX packet not in TCP window. The server it came from was 198.107.131.100, ran a who-is and it brought me to service.playstation .net out of Englewood CO.

So I guess my question is. Is this server dropping the packets or not sending them, or is my router dropping the packets? To me it seems now that PSN is at fault. Which leads me to the next question. Is there a way to DL from another server? I guess I will contact PSN next as well. Any last minute thoughts?

0 Likes
ibamars
Enthusiast - Level 3

PSN error 80029564 has been solved for me. Unfortunately none of these results worked. Here is what I did to resolve. I had FIOS change the internet connection from Moca to Ethernet. I ran the ethernet wire from the ONT to MY OWN ROUTER, not the actionec!!

After doing this and getting a new DHCP assigned to the router, I proceeded to the PSN store to download BF3. Guess what? It actually downloaded and installed!!!!

So this morning I got up to try a different game seeing as it wasnt the middle of the night. I proceeded to download Saints Row. Now remember BF3 is 12GB and Sts Row is 7.2GB. Guess what it installed on the first shot.

So my conclusion is the Actiontec router M1424WR Rev E has some weird glitch in it. After doing all the changes with QOS and Port Forward and DMZ with no results, Ditch the Actiontec. Also Actiontec customer support is terrible. I chatted with them and for one they are just horrendously slow. 2. They would not just answer some basic questions I had about the router.

Conclusion: Ditch the actiontec and use your own router. BTW the router I am using with my ethernet connection is a Netgear WNDR3700.

cmaffia

I'm hoping that replacing the same actiontec router and revision fixes my PS4 issue.  Like many PS3 users with the actiontec router, I can't download updates or game demos without the PS4 spitting back at me data corrupted, reinstall software messages.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The packet losses are probably somewhere between the PSN game site and your machine, and not likely to be right at your router.  I.e. unlikely to be fixed by replacing your router.

0 Likes
FunkyMerkin

I always thought it was on Verion's end.  This never occurred when I was with comcast and used my own router. I guess I'm stuck with this lackluster service for another year unless I can call them out on a bad product and not have to pay that cancellation fee. 

0 Likes