PUrchased router and various problems
srbrennan1971

After many, many, many hours on the phone with Verizon, supposedly, 3 routers later, my purchased router arrived and has been connected.  I upgraded to 100/100 but it keeps disconnecting. To make matters worse, when I look on my online account, it cannot find my router or devices, nor can it find my STB and DVR.  

It says on my home page, 'installation complete by 8/10' but it is almost 3 weeks later, and none of the information has been updated, although I'm sure I will be getting billed for services I am not getting. 

Very frustrating for a long time, loyal customer. I need my online account updated, and I need my PURCHASED ROUTER to work correctly.  

Please advise.

0 Likes
Re: PUrchased router and various problems
jonjones1
Legend

Did you release the DHCP from the old router prior to installing the new purchased one?

This must be done before the other router will function. You can do this a few ways.

unplug the router for two hours and it should get another dhcp assigned address.

call 1-800-VERIZON ask for tech support and they can release it for you. Or follow the instructions here. 

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/15898

Which explains how to do it yourself.

0 Likes
srbrennan1971

The old routers were sent back to Verizon.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@srbrennan1971 wrote:

The old routers were sent back to Verizon.

I am not understanding the issue. They were returned. So that has nothing to do with your router not functioning.

do as I said in my post below. 

0 Likes
srbrennan1971

One of the options was to phone tech support, which I did, and they were not able to help.  I was away for a while. I will try to get over there to unplug the router and see if that works. 

0 Likes
srbrennan1971

I did as you suggested. Tech support was not able to help previously. I was there yesterday and unplugged the router for 90 minutes. Looked at myVerizon site this morning, and it is still the same. Cannot find network. Now it is saying my plan is expired, which it is not. It is still also saying that the installation will be complete by August 10.  Is the site NEVER updated? Really frustrating to say the least. Someone HAS to know why this is happening?????

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The problem here seems to be that of both Verizon and customer misunderstanding.

when I told you to call Verizon it was to have them release/renew your dhcp so your new router will obtain an address. You say Verizon was not helpful. The request is an easy one. So I am baffled on this point.

secondly are you using your own router be it a Fios one I believe you said you purchased. If that is the case Verizon may have closed your account when you returned the other router. This is a guess on my part.

you keep saying at the Verizon site shows your service will be on by the 10th. Of August.  If that is the case your issue can only be cured by going through Fios tech support. 

this is a peer to peer forum which can only give suggestions.

0 Likes
srbrennan1971

Thank you for your reply.

When I called tech support, I told them (read to them from your message) exactly what was happening. 

It seems as though FIOS customer service and FIOS Tech support are baffled also. 

MyVerizon website still has not been updated, however, when I look at "my plan' it shows my new plan, while still saying at the top of the page that my plan has expired. Too many discrepancies with a communications company for sure. It would be nice if they get their act together, or somehow escalate this problem from peer to peer to someone who can get to the root of the problem. Thank you again!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi srbrennan1971,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes