Paid Activation Fees for 6 months STRAIGHT!!! and impossible to discontinue premium channels
basiled

So I signed up for Verizon Internet, phone and TV because it was the only service offered where I was currently living. I knew I would be moving in a few months but thought it would not be a problem transferring my service to my new home in the same local area. I had Verizon's services for three months, long enough to pay the $99 activation fee off when we moved to the new address. I called to transfer the service since I was in a contract even though the new address had a ton of options of different service providers. When I called to transfer the service I also requested to cancel the promotional 'free' preferred package of HBO, Cinemax... and was assured it was cancelled. 

I got my first bill and we were charged 1 of 3 activation fee for Fios and now also being charged for the preferred package!! I was pretty upset and felt like I had been duped!! I called and spoke to a representative about removing the preferred packed from my account and made sure I explained this was the second request. She assured me it would be removed and I would be refunded for the month and a half I was charged. The new amount I owed on my bill sounded like it reflected this change. Now another month and a half later and I am still being charged for the preferred package! This is the third time I will have to request for this to be taken care of! Of course I don't feel like addressing it over the phone will solve the problem at this point and also notice somewhere along the line some added and 'discount' for the deal. I don't want the channels so a discount does not matter to me! Not only that now we have been paying for these premium channels for almost four months without watching them. Why would would turn to HBO if we are not supposed to have it! 

I really feel like this is to the point of crossing a legal line. I should be able to easily cancel something that was free for the first three months without it being an issue. I am beyond frustrated with this company at this point. 

0 Likes
Re: Paid Activation Fees for 6 months STRAIGHT!!! and impossible to discontinue premium channels
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes