Parental Controls

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Parental Controls

Message 1 of 5
(2,464 Views)

When I go to the parental control section to manager the router, I don't see all of my devices in the add section.  How do I refresh this so that I see all of my devices?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Parental Controls

Message 2 of 5
(2,436 Views)

This is populated based on the Network Map and DHCP table in the router. Give the router a reboot first, then try rebooting each device which does not appear on the list.

One note about the Parental Controls feature is that it is known to slow the router down. It may be better to run Parental Control software on the devices themselves versus the router.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(1,748 Views)

If you have created a rule selecting ALL of the devices on your network, attempting to create a second rule will show no devices. No saying this is right, wrong, desirable or not. This is how it works.

However since the first rule doesn't do what it looks like it would do, not sure anything in this catagory of code functions at all.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 5
(1,741 Views)

You are replying to a post 2 years old. I am sure the moderator will lock this thread.

the original post was solved years ago

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Message 5 of 5
(1,735 Views)

As this thread is now old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.