Pass Through Public IP Address
Ealdayen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know I can bridge the router and pass through a public IP but what I really want to do is have a public ip on the Actiontec and then have a public IP assigned to another router behind the actiontec.  Has anyone tried this and been successful?

0 Likes
Re: Pass Through Public IP Address
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Ealdayen, what exactly you trying to do? You can only have 1 public ip assigned to 1 router unless you get multiple Static IP's or you can setup port forwarding on the actiontec to port forward to another device if you want to access it from the internet. Let me know Brett

0 Likes
Ealdayen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have multiple IPs and I could map them to a private ip on the lan but I would rather put them in the dhcp pool so any device I plugged in LAN side to the router would get a public ip.  I just didn't know if that was possible or not.

0 Likes
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

If you have multiple public ip's from Verizon login to the actiontech router goto MY NETWORK on the top, then on the left hand side click on NETWORK CONNECTIONS, then if your using Ethernet click on BROADBAND CONNECTION (ETHERNET) or if using MOCA click on BROADBAND CONNECTION (COAX). Next screen click on SETTINGS on that screen you will see a option for IP Address Distribution set that to DHCP SERVER, then you will see an option to enter  Start IP Address / End IP Address / Subnet Mask you then can enter your IP's in that field then any device that plugs in on the LAN side should be assigned one of your public IP's.

0 Likes