PasswordReset Tool hangs
jrsyangl
Enthusiast - Level 2
When I try to reset my FIOS password using the Password Reset Tool, the process hangs in the step "Detecting Supported Email Accounts..." The activity circle goes around and around but nothing happens. I am using Windows XP Pro SP3, Internet Explorer 8, Outlook Express 6. I seem to be able to send and receive email, at least on my home computer. I don't know about web email. Verizon Support was not helpful. Any help would be appreciatedLou
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: PasswordReset Tool hangs
VZ_KG
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, it is the same password as used for WebMail and/or Verizon Central. Thx!

View solution in original post

spacedebris
Master - Level 2
Do you have another browser? I know some of the Verizon web pages are having problems with IE 8. You may want to try Firefox and see it you have better results.
jrsyangl
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have Firefox, but I have been thinking about uninstalling IE8 and going back(forward?) to IE7.
0 Likes
jrsyangl
Enthusiast - Level 2
Well I reverted to IE7, and now I can't seem to find the Password Reset Tool in the VZ In Home Agent software. Has the software changed in the last few days or does one get a different version for IE7? If anyone knows how to get to the Reset Tool with IE7, please let me know.
0 Likes
VZ_KG
Enthusiast - Level 3
This tool can be accessed from Internet/Email Help section. If you try to setup email and don't remember your email password, you can use "Forgot Password" to reset your password.  If you face any issues, pls post back here.
jrsyangl
Enthusiast - Level 2
OK, thank you, I see where you mean. Is that  same password  used for Webmail, and/or for Verizon Central?
0 Likes
VZ_KG
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, it is the same password as used for WebMail and/or Verizon Central. Thx!