Paying $69.99 for the $49.99 Internet Package
csms1
Enthusiast - Level 2

here is the service I have 

FiOS Internet

VZ FiOS Consumer Annual Plan or Bundle Offer
Cons 10M/2M - M2M $49.99

My bill is $69.99.  I was told it would go up to $64.99 because I canceled my telephone service.  

Current Activity:

Monthly Charges:

FIOS Internet $69.99

Totally makes sense doesn't it.

Re: Paying $69.99 for the $49.99 Internet Package
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
analpee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yo, you get an end result for this issue?

0 Likes
Sean3040-2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Call 1800-Verizon 
Press option 4

Since you cancelled your services, you should have been offered a $15 or $20 credit for 12 months

In order to keep the phone service. But since you disconnected you still should have gotten the $15 or $20 credit for 12 months. 

Call retentions and see what they have to say. Also ask for an upgrade ot 25/25. 

0 Likes
csms1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea, they told me the cost is $69.99.  So my $49.99 internet was increased to $64.99 because I canceled my telephone service.  Then the next month the cost was increased to $69.99.  

So I called and they gave me a $5 per month discount for 12 months.

Weird how the cost of technology continues to go down but the cost of services continues to go up.  Really looking forward to telecom antitrust breakup version 2.0 or the rise of the public broadband services.  

http://www.chattanoogagig.com/

0 Likes
csms1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently I did not get this so instead I will just blanket social media with rants about excessive fees.  Maybe they will offer these discounts to everyone.  Would be cheaper than all the money they are spending on lobbying congress to prevent net neutrality and to prevent local governments from standing up their own internet services for a fraction of the cost.

0 Likes