Paying for 35/20 FIOS Internet Speeds- Speeds suddenly dropped to half that or less
louist

Something is wrong with my service. I am paying for 35/20 Internet speed service. All was fine and my tests on a number of sites showed that I was receiving 34+ / 20+ very consistently.  ( These tests included the Verizon FIOS FIOS tests.

Suddenly ( I first noticed it last Friday) my speeds dropped to about 14/5. Sometimes the results show better uploads, such as 14/15.

I noticed this just about when my FIOS TV build was upgraded to 1.7, but I understand that this has nothing to do with Internet speeds.

Nothing on my equipment of computer has been changed. I have powered down my router and re started it. I have also "rebooted the router using the on line web page.  ALl of my speed tests are on the same computers all using WIRED connections to the Actiontec Router that Verizon provided.

I am concerned that this drop happened all at once and has not returned.

Have my provision settings been inadvertently re set to lower speeds?   HOW DO I GET THEM RESTORED PLEASE?

We are in 11364 I am not posting my home address or phone number because this forum is public.  I will provide to Verizon representatives on request.

We are Verizon Fios triple play customers with a broad set of extra Services and premium channels, speeds etc.

0 Likes
Re: Paying for 35/20 FIOS Internet Speeds- Speeds suddenly dropped to half that or less
VZ_Constance
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Louist.....sorry to hear about what's going on...if you could send me your account telephone number via private message I will be more than happy to check into your service for you. Thanks

0 Likes