Pci adapter for desktop
Marcus

Got Verizon Fios a few weeks ago. Verizon tech told me that my Neatgear pci adapter for my second desktop is not compatible with the Verizon router. I have the Actiontec router from Verizon. Does anyone know what brand is compatible with Verizon so that I can get the second desktop connected to the internet?

Thanks,

Marcus

0 Likes
Re: Pci adapter for desktop
VikeFan1961
Enthusiast - Level 3
Wired or wireless adapter?
0 Likes
Marcus

I wireless adapter.

Thanks.

0 Likes
VikeFan1961
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any 802.11g adapter should work with the Actiontec router that Verizon uses.  Even an old 802.11b adapter should work as the router will roll back to support this older 11mbs standard.

What is the model number of the Netgear adapter that you have been told will not work?  My guess is that it may be a 802.11a adapter.

0 Likes
Marcus
It is a Netgear WG311 v3 802.11g. The Verizon tech could not get it to connect when he was here to set up the Fios.
0 Likes
VikeFan1961
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now I see the problem...  The Netgear WG311 is a piece of junk with a so-so driver.

There is a way to make it work with a driver from Marvel (not the comic book company), but your best bet is to go out and grab a Netgear WG511T if you want to stick with Netgear. Any Belkin, D-Link or Linsys (Cisco) wireless-G adapter will work fine also.

Message Edited by VikeFan1961 on 03-29-2009 11:05 AM
0 Likes
Marcus
Thank you!
0 Likes