Periodic Disconnects
marknazzal

Hey folks,

After speaking with two helpful (and one not so helpful) tech support reps, I thought this problem have disappeared by now...but apparently not. I've been having serious issues with my Verizon FIOS internet over the last several days. I've had the service for 6 months now, and it has been wonderful until this week. The last few days, I've experienced random disconnects every 15-30 minutes or so on average, often immediately preceded by heavy latency, though not always. I've had my modem reset on both the home and Verizon ends, and the garage box (don't know the name offhand, heh) reset on Verizon's end, but the problem persists.

It's a hard line into my computer that also feeds wirelessly to 2-3 other laptops, though the amount of computers on the network at any given time doesn't affect the problem.  The time of day doesn't affect it, either. Any thoughts about what this could be or what I or Verizon can do to rectify this issue? If you need any additional information, please ask. But please help! Thanks a heap in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Periodic Disconnects
MisTigi

Same things started happening to me since last week. My zip code is 11001

I am still experiencing the problem.

0 Likes
marknazzal
Still occuring, despite rep help...any thoughts?
0 Likes
rh71
 Also been happening to me, just started over the last several days.  I thought it was just the game server but I'm on Ventrilo chat and that disconnects at the same time.  Area code 11801.
0 Likes
flyhigh12

I've been having the EXACT same problem occuring since last sunday.  Every 15 minutes I get a huuuuge lag spike and get disconnected from any game that I am playing.  It is incredibly annoying, I've done everything that I could possibly think of to fix it, it's happening on multiple computers, wireless or wired. I've tried resetting my ONT, my router, nothing has fixed it so far...  Area code is 11733.

0 Likes
MisTigi

Here is also a discussion on WOW forums

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17631614987&sid=1&pageNo=1

some people blame routing through ATT network on the issue. 

and also discussion on broadband forums

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22504576-Re-speedlatency-ConnectivityHigh-Latency-with-FIOS-NY-Area

0 Likes
flyhigh12

It's not specific to WoW though, I'm getting disconnected from everything every 15-30 minutes...

0 Likes
marknazzal

Just an update (or a non-update, really):

The situation persists. Still getting lag spikes and drops every 15-30 minutes, sometimes even more frequently...

<<

Here is also a discussion on WOW forums

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17631614987&sid=1&pageNo=1

some people blame routing through ATT network on the issue. 

and also discussion on broadband forums

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22504576-Re-speedlatency-ConnectivityHigh-Latency-with-FIOS-NY-Area

Kudo>>

My traceroutes seem to show the same thing. There seems to be an issue with the routing through ATT, specifically Los Angeles, in my case. However, no tech representatives seem willing to discuss this issue or to transfer me to someone higher...this is very, very frustrating, since I'm also working from home right now, so if I don't get an update or a resolution at some point tomorrow (since it is the first business day, in all fairness), some poor rep is going to get an earful from me on Tuesday.

Thank you all for your posts. I'd still like to hear from others if they're having the same issue. If we can pool our results, maybe that will help Verizon help us.

0 Likes
marknazzal
Still going.  Unacceptable.
0 Likes
Silentmiller
I am having the exact same issues. Dropping for a moment, enough to interrupt an FTP upload or download and begin the entire process all over again. It is extremely frustrating. 
0 Likes