Switch Account

Personal Website File linking

Personal Website File linking

Highlighted
Contributor reefguy
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(5,701 Views)

I created a personal website to be able to connect to my web cam. Problem is, the asx link will not activate the wvx file that is located within the site directory/folder.The link is like this

{a href="stream.wvx">Bird Feeder Cam</a>} which displays on the web page Bird Feeder Cam

replace the {} with <>

The file "stream.wvx" resides in the same directory/folder as index.html

I can click on the wvx file from within WS_FTP side of the website and the link works.

If I click on the link from within IE the web page I get the message" the web page cannot be opened".

Any ideas why this doesn't work?

3 REPLIES 3
Gold Contributor VI Gold Contributor VI
Gold Contributor VI
Message 2 of 4
(5,677 Views)

Have you tried using an absolute reference instead of a relative one?

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Contributor reefguy
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(5,658 Views)

Yes, I have tried including the entire path of the link with the same results. It's almost as if the web page and the linked file are not in the same folder.

I have even tried to embed a player with blank results.

Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 4
(5,606 Views)

If you desire to:

#1 please tell us the URL of your site.

#2 And OR show a screen shot from your FTP Client.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.