PetoftheDay.com FIOS DNS NXDOMAIN
Paul423

We can not access PetoftheDay.com because the FIOS DNS server at 71.243.0.12 has no info for this domain name, NXDOMAIN. Yesterday it worked. It seems to work fine from various DNS servers throughout the world. The two similiar websites DogoftheDay.com and CatoftheDay.com still work fine. How can I get FIOS to fix this problem?

Other FIOS users can you access the website PetoftheDay.com? Please let me know.

0 Likes
Re: PetoftheDay.com FIOS DNS NXDOMAIN
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the NXDomain is normally on the pc itself and stored in cache,  have you done an ipconfig/flushdns command and waited and tested?

They actually are having some trouble on their end,   I am not sure how you would fix this,  but I ran a query at CA APM Cloud monitor and I get this

Information for petoftheday.com
SOA
FieldValueStatus
Primary server OK (1 message)
Please login or register to see this message.OK
Hostmaster OK (1 message)
Please login or register to see this message.OK
TTL OK
Serial WARNING (1 message)
Please login or register to see this message.WARNING
refresh OK
Retry OK
Expire OK
Minimum TTL OK
Performance for petoftheday.com
Name serverMontreal, CanadaSt. Louis, U.S.A.Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
theo.ns.cloudflare.com48.09.0163.0
ivy.ns.cloudflare.comNo responseNo responseNo response
Route for petoftheday.com
RootTop-LevelProvider
k.root-servers.net (+11 others)e.gtld-servers.net (+12 others)theo.ns.cloudflare.com (+1 others)
0 Likes
Paul423

I have flushed the caches. All devices that use the DNS server at 71.243.0.12 have no info for PetoftheDay.com. Querying 71.243.0.12 results in NXDOMAIN. The 50 or so other DNS servers I have tried around the world have the correct info for PetoftheDay.com.

Do you have a list of FIOS DNS servers?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I don't, DNS Servers are area specific.  I'm in California

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

This website is still testing bad.

http://dnscheck.pingdom.com

petoftheday.com

2014-05-20 17:01:28

Delegation

Everything is fine.

All tests successful in this part, no errors or warnings.

Nameserver

ivy.ns.cloudflare.com.

Name server ivy.ns.cloudflare.com (173.245.58.120) does not answer queries over UDP.

The name server failed to answer queries sent over UDP. This is probably due to the name server not correctly set up or due to misconfigured filtering in a firewall.

Name server ivy.ns.cloudflare.com (173.245.58.120) does not answer queries over TCP.

The name server failed to answer queries sent over TCP. This is probably due to the name server not correctly set up or due to misconfgured filtering in a firewall. It is a rather common misconception that DNS does not need TCP unless they provide zone transfers - perhaps the name server administrator is not aware that TCP usually is a requirement.

theo.ns.cloudflare.com.

Everything is fine.

Consistency

Everything is fine.

SOA

Everything is fine.

Connectivity

Everything is fine.

DNSSEC

Everything is fine.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Now if you aren't too concerned with the above, and just simply want to report it, I would report it at the Verizon Twitter support page.  

https://twitter.com/VerizonSupport

0 Likes