Phone interference
Glica
Enthusiast - Level 2

Quote from a Verizon Employee: "If your interference is coming from a 2.4GHz phone, the sure fire solution is to change to a 900MHz or 5GHz phone."

This is TRUE, I disconnected my 2.4GHz phone and there was no longer any interference, however I'm going to buy a new phone, does the phone have to be exactly 5GHz? Can it be higher?

Please let me know, I play games and I'm sick and tired of having stupid phone interferences that disconnect my internet during games where I play with different people.

0 Likes
Re: Phone interference
NielsBohr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Higher is fine. If you really want to plan things out you could do some research into exactly what bands the 5 GHz wireless-N protocol uses so that when you one day, presumably, get a 5 GHz wireless router you won't run into the same problems.

FWIW, we just bought a 6 GHz phone system since we were having troubles with our wireless dropping whenever the phone rang.  Changing channels wasn't really much of an option due to all of the other neighborhood wireless networks.  The 6 GHz frequency does not at all interfere with the 2.4 GHz wireless router and also allows us to upgrade to a 5 GHz wireless-N router in the future.

0 Likes
Re: Phone interference
Justin46
Legend

Have you tried changing the channel your router is using? If you haven't, before buying a new phone system, I suggest you log into your router and try diferent channels to see if you can find one where there is no conflict. Most people seem to recommend Channel 11 to avoid conflicts, I have found that Channel 1 seems to work best for me for some reason, and I do have a 2.4 GHz wireless phone on my desk about 4 feet from my router.

If you do decide to buy a new phone system,I think pretty much any 5 GHz  or higher system will not conflict.

Just something you can try before you invest in a new phone...

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes