Phone number for competant tech support?
danivanov
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone here have a number for tech support where the reps actually have knowledge of networking?

My pc game has a spike in latency. I checked the relevant forums and saw others have the issue. The developer reps were responding to the discussion by contacting the internet providers of the users. Nobody in the forum mentioned fios except me, so I doubt they will call on my behalf. So I'll probably have to do it, but I know if I call the general line the fios rep will not know what latency and packets are. 

So I'm wondering if any of you were in a similar situation and eventually found a way to bypass the **bleep** representatives.

Please don't tell me that is was TechSure is for. Please please don't say that I need to pay extra for intermediate support for a product that costs $2400 a year. 

0 Likes
Re: Phone number for competant tech support?
jonjones1
Legend

You simply call 1-800-VERIZON and select tech support, not any other department.

0 Likes
danivanov
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have seen threads that mention that users were able to get ahold of someone in real tech support after going through the phone tree for 2 hours.

Like this guy in the link below who was able to get "premium tech support" after talking to a rep for 1.5 hours.

I am trying to see if there is a direct line out there so I can bypass the nonsense and get right into it. It would be nice to save a couple hours.

https://philip.greenspun.com/blog/2016/12/05/how-do-you-get-to-someone-competent-in-verizon-tech-sup...

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The way support is set up, each level of support be it started at level 1, then exhaust levels 2 & 3, if the problem is not within the repair/help database it won't get to a senior tech.

its the way it keeps the higher techs and engineers for other matters.

danivanov
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there things I can say to escalate it to a level 3 person? Like a keywords that would facilitate it?

Unless if a level 1 can help with routing issues and diagnose a traceroute/WinMtr, but I doubt they can. I do not understand it, but it would help to speak with someone who has done it before.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try Twitter or the VZDirect forum at https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

Good Luck.