Ping is just TOO HIGH
xDtT

Whenever its after 6 Pm or around the time, my ping starts getting high like 200ms or over 300ms. I checked my ping by using the program which is suggested from verizon, and it says im getting a half of my dl speed that i should have, and like 5 of upload which is 1/5 of my real speed. the ping is also a problem that shows im having 309 ms at this moment.

I dont know what is the problem if having high ping when i paly my games. I wanted to have better condition when im playing, so i picked fios; however it is not doing its job! ;/

I turned off any other programs that would harm my ping and speed, but its not helping at all.

I am really considering to do something-changing- with my internet service after since i have done my 2 years contracts,which means that i am a free bee.

It has been about a half year that high ping issue first annoyed me. Explain me something ;/

0 Likes
Re: Ping is just TOO HIGH
Hubrisnxs
Legend
  • is it possible you are playing a very popular game, and that it gets really busy after 6pm? 
  • is the high ping time only to a game server, or is it to simple things like yahoo and google?
  • do you have other pc's on the network that start bit torrent downloading after 6 when the problem starts?
  • can you post your traceroutes, so we can see where the problem appears to be coming from?
  • Are you wired or wireless on your machine?