Switch Account

Ping is just TOO HIGH

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Ping is just TOO HIGH

Message 1 of 2
(510 Views)

Whenever its after 6 Pm or around the time, my ping starts getting high like 200ms or over 300ms. I checked my ping by using the program which is suggested from verizon, and it says im getting a half of my dl speed that i should have, and like 5 of upload which is 1/5 of my real speed. the ping is also a problem that shows im having 309 ms at this moment.

I dont know what is the problem if having high ping when i paly my games. I wanted to have better condition when im playing, so i picked fios; however it is not doing its job! ;/

I turned off any other programs that would harm my ping and speed, but its not helping at all.

I am really considering to do something-changing- with my internet service after since i have done my 2 years contracts,which means that i am a free bee.

It has been about a half year that high ping issue first annoyed me. Explain me something ;/

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Ping is just TOO HIGH

Message 2 of 2
(475 Views)
  • is it possible you are playing a very popular game, and that it gets really busy after 6pm? 
  • is the high ping time only to a game server, or is it to simple things like yahoo and google?
  • do you have other pc's on the network that start bit torrent downloading after 6 when the problem starts?
  • can you post your traceroutes, so we can see where the problem appears to be coming from?
  • Are you wired or wireless on your machine?
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.