Plaln complaint due to error on FIOS website
mtq

I have been a customer for 6 years and a Wireless customer for more than 20, but I am extremely disappointed in my recent service from Verizon FIOS.

An advertisement on the FIOS website offered a deal to renew my plan at a discount even though there are 6 months left in my contract. Coincidentally, at the same time, my set top box appeared to be failing. Another ad for the FIOS One TV set top box appealed to me because I could connect a TV in another room wirelessly. As I tried to find out the requirements and cost, and also to see about reducing my plan to one with fewer channels, the links did not work. I tried over 2 days to see if they would give me the cost information. I tried the online chat, and was connected to a representative whose English language skills made me question whether she understood my needs. I did not pursue the chat.

Then I received an email that my service plan had been changed, so that effective immediately I will pay about $30 more per month for no additional services although my current contract is effective for 6 more months. Why would I want to change my plan that is effective for another half a year in order to pay $30 more each month for no changes or improvements?

My local store provided me with the FIOS One TV box as an exchange for my faulty set top box, but not with an additional mini box for my other room, nor would they adjust my plan, stating that I would have to call customer service to both add a line to my plan before they can provide the mini box and also to revert to my former plan.

Then, the phone rep. would not reinstate my plan on which I still have 6 months remaining, declaring the recent web error transaction “final”. She agreed it seemed that something unfair had happened, and that she also would be upset if she “were in my shoes.” Yet, she would not try to access the website as a customer would, to determine that it didn’t work, but stated that she would “escalate” my complaint. She tried to very quickly to end my phone call without further explanation.

For 6 days now, I’ve been unable to use FIOS TV One for its intended purpose, because the customer service department will not add the extra fee for a mini box, due to my plan complaint. I was never informed on the website, in the store, in the online chat or on the phone with customer service that there is a $20 fee for the TV One instead of $12 I paid for the old set top box. I found out at installation. They will not adjust my bill back to my existing contract, yet promised me the “escalation” dept. would call or email to resolve this issue. I paid $12 for this month’s DVR fee on the faulty set top box I returned, and now cannot record anything on my TV One box because customer service has not rectified these issues.

In summary: I need to have my former contract reinstated until it expires in 6 months. And want to add the fee for one mini box, plus the DVR fee difference between the old set top box ($12) and the new TV One (apparently $20).

Can this forum help me resolve my service issues? Is there really an “escalation” process and am I in it?

0 Likes
Re: Plaln complaint due to error on FIOS website
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mtq,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes