Play Station Network Network Issue
patrick19601

I need some help. Here is my issue. A few days ago I was not able to log into Play Staion (4 days and counting). This is both from the  ps3 console and any pc in the house. The url that all logins go to is account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com.  So from my pc if i go to the play station store or gran-turismo.com they have a login button which goes to the above url. I immediately get page not found on IE or the webage is not avaiale on chrome. When I try to log in with my PS3, I immediately get a message that I have been disconnected. I have PS3 on DMZ and have never had an issue. I can go to account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com from cell phone or use cell phone as hot spot for PS3 and that works. I called PSN and they said it is not their issue, I asked if it were possible that a range of IP addresses are being blocked, and they said no. I called Verizon and they said not their issue as when I run a trace I can see it leave verizon to level3 and then to prolexic where the trace ends. That is norrmal as I had a friend do a trace and using account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and it ends at prolexic and then times out, Sony probably has it set up to not respond to traces. I called Prolexic and they are going to see if they are blocking access. 

My question is what else can I do, I have used multiple pcs, browsers and the console itself. I tried  google dns, rebooted pc, router, ps3 numerous times, renenwed ip address, checked router firmware, and nothing works. I think it is a routing or security issue on the internet. Could this be a Verizon issue or even my ip address being blocked by someone from getting to the credential page at Sony.Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Play Station Network Network Issue
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you likely just have a case of sony filtering certain ip blocks.

FWIW, these are not intentional blocks, what often happens is a new block of ip addresses is advertised, and if sony doesn't maintain or update their bogon filter list, then those don't get added to the allowed, and then you unintentionally get blocked.  simply renewing ip will not fix, you have to have a different subnet

The next time it happens try this and see if it helps.

Step 1 Record your WAN IP address at a website like whatismyip.com 

Step 2  release your IP address

Access the Verizon router GUI
Click on MY NETWORK icon at the top.
Select NETWORK CONNECTIONS from the menu on the left.
Select BROADBAND CONNECTION (coax or ethernet) depending on your connection to the ONT.
Click SETTINGS
Click RELEASE
Click APPLY
Disconnect the router immediately to prevent it from re-requesting a DHCP lease.

Step 3 **important**  wait at least 5 - 10 minutes before connecting your router back up.

Step 4  Check to see if your subnet changed after reconnecting, visit whatismyip.com and verify.

report back to homebase after you try it

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Play Station Network Network Issue
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you likely just have a case of sony filtering certain ip blocks.

FWIW, these are not intentional blocks, what often happens is a new block of ip addresses is advertised, and if sony doesn't maintain or update their bogon filter list, then those don't get added to the allowed, and then you unintentionally get blocked.  simply renewing ip will not fix, you have to have a different subnet

The next time it happens try this and see if it helps.

Step 1 Record your WAN IP address at a website like whatismyip.com 

Step 2  release your IP address

Access the Verizon router GUI
Click on MY NETWORK icon at the top.
Select NETWORK CONNECTIONS from the menu on the left.
Select BROADBAND CONNECTION (coax or ethernet) depending on your connection to the ONT.
Click SETTINGS
Click RELEASE
Click APPLY
Disconnect the router immediately to prevent it from re-requesting a DHCP lease.

Step 3 **important**  wait at least 5 - 10 minutes before connecting your router back up.

Step 4  Check to see if your subnet changed after reconnecting, visit whatismyip.com and verify.

report back to homebase after you try it

0 Likes