Playstation 3 (PS3) error 80029564
brianh71

Hello, I've been having a problem downloading games and game updates on my new Playstation 3. I've been researching the problem from the Sony side, but as far as I know it could be a problem from the Verizon side.

The error number 80029564 comes up while installing, and tells me that the data is corrupt. In each case, the error comes up at 14% installed.

My Gear:

I have a brand new PS3 that I just purchased a few days ago.

I use Verizon FiOS for internet. I have a combo modem/router model no. MI424WR-GEN2, hardware version E, firmware version 20.19.8.

What triggers the error:

I usually get the 80029564 error when I try to download a game or install an update. 

For example:

Little Big Planet 2 - finally did work on about the 4th try.

Rachet & Clank: All 4 One - I've tried several times, and it always gives me the 80029564 error.

Also, we bought Gran Turismo 5. It has 21 updates. It never makes it past update 10.

Attempted Solutions (that failed):

Some things I've tried in my effort to fix the problem:

- switched from wi-fi to ethernet connection

- safe mode - rebuild database

- set firewall to Low

- switched DNS to Google IPs

- verified that uPnP is enabled on the PS3 and the router

- set up DMZ for PS3 IP

Still, problem not fixed. This is very frustrating, we've spent more time trying to get games to work than actually playing anything.

I'm hoping there may be other FiOS customers who have tackled this problem and can help me out with a solution! 

0 Likes
Re: Playstation 3 (PS3) error 80029564
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think I know what is going on.

I point you to

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16233

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dslr595148 wrote:

I think I know what is going on.

I point you to

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16233

I don't think the small NAT problem comes into play with downloads.  That is more a problem during on-line game play on various game machines. 

The error usaually means download error rates are too high.  Its a checksum error message.  The OP already tried most of what I have heard people do in the past.  I've never had it occur on my two ps3's. 

0 Likes
brianh71

Thanks for the information. I don't have a solution yet. I thought about trying the premium tech support, but the links I've found to it are broken.

The link about the NAT table issue is interesting. It at least gives me the idea that I should check out the router log for errors that might give me a clue. 

I've thought about just calling Verizon and asking them to send someone out, but I'm more than a bit concerned about what kind of bill I might get from Verizon for that. Plus, I thought about trying the premium tech support, but the links I've found to it are broken.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@brianh71 wrote:

Thanks for the information. I don't have a solution yet. I thought about trying the premium tech support, but the links I've found to it are broken.

The link about the NAT table issue is interesting. It at least gives me the idea that I should check out the router log for errors that might give me a clue. 

I've thought about just calling Verizon and asking them to send someone out, but I'm more than a bit concerned about what kind of bill I might get from Verizon for that. Plus, I thought about trying the premium tech support, but the links I've found to it are broken.

I don't know how to resole your issue, since I have no PS3 myself, but the link, at least, I can help with: http://www22.verizon.com/home/expertcare/

Also, I can almost guarantee that a truckroll to fix a gaming system issue would be expensive, and potentially futile. It is unlikely that a field tech would be familiar enough with the PS3 to be of real help. (Though you might get lucky. It's just outside of their normal scope of support.)

0 Likes
martyp1

anyone figure out how to fix this problem yet?

0 Likes
brianh71

I've pretty much given up. I spent alot of time on this, on the phone with Sony support and digging through info about the router, and I've concluded that I'm just better off buying physical copies of the games rather than trying to download them. As long as the downloads are smaller than about 1GB, they usually work. Problems begin with larger files. In my opinion, this could all be easily fixed by Sony breaking the larger files into smaller ones, but I don't think they are really going to do anything about it.

0 Likes
WillxH
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just moved into my new apartment a month ago and have been a FIOS customer for 4 years now.  Ever since my FIOS was installed, I've always got this error on my PS3.  I'm stuck as well.  I'm luckly that I have a neighbor that let's me borrow their internet once in a while to download my PSN content. They just have a modem and router setup that I have installed for them.  No port forwarding or DMZ Host was set and I'm able to download any content I want with my PS3.  As for my PC downloads, 80% of the time my files are corrupt. CRC checks fail. My FIOS modem/router is bridged to a Linksys AP but I know this isn't the issue was this problem existed before the Linksys was introduced.

I as well have the same model router/modem you have. Althought I don't remember what model I had before in my old apartment as I didnt care when everything was working great then. 

Firmware Version:20.19.8
Model Name:MI424WR-GEN2
Hardware Version:E

I've tried everything the internet had suggested except exchange hardware and I still get the same poor results. It's unfortunate that there isn't a solution for this.  Although, I'm open to suggestions.  

-Will

0 Likes
dirac

Same error here on a brand new PS3.  I have to believe that this is either an issue with the PSN or the PS3.  I also downloaded Borderlands 2 for the Xbox360 with no problem and Bioshock Infinite or Marvel Heroes for the PC.  All downloaded and installed and are playable.  

With the PS3, everything will download (at an incredibly slow speed) and then at 14% or so, I get the error.  The frustrating solution on most of the PS forums is to delete and download again.  What if I had a data cap?  Great solution.  This has faile for Deus Ex, Xcom, Battlefield 3 and one other game.

So I am about to boot the PS3.  Hopefully, someone will present a solution soon.

0 Likes
whargoul

I have had the same issues for over a month now.... 3 diffrent PS3s that USE to work with this network now no longer do.... so I will assume its a network issue on SOME end but haven't figured out anything yet

0 Likes