Re: Playstation 3 (PS3) error 80029564
boom4u
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have 3 ps's, fios 160/65 actiontec gigabit router, I had this problem once on one ps3, I dont remember how i fixed it, just make sure your network settings are set to manual and select Full Duplex in the internet settings, I leave UPNP off, and I have my firewall disabled completely, I have no problems anymore.

I believe I restored Database, formatted completely, set to default settings now that I think about it.

I worked in IT / Gaming for many years, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

0 Likes
cmaffia

I am having the same issue with my newly aquired PS4 using my Fios MI424WR-GEN2, hardware version E router.

Verizon overinighted a newer one to me and I will try today.  Did anyone else experience this using the PS4?

Did you PS3 users having similar problems with corrupted updates and game demos fix the problem by replacing this specific model and revision?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

No trouble on my PS4, put then I also had no trouble on my ps3.  Currently connected with 50/25 service here in Bradenton. FL. 

The biggest problems with this is it only takes one packet (and these downloads are huge with lots of packets) to cause a problem.  Good restarting of a download was not built into the playstations.

I have had similar checksum errors from other sites on my PC's, that were best fixed by using a restartable download program.

0 Likes
Namronorman
Contributor - Level 2

Sony uses NTT for a lot of its transit. Peering between Verizon and NTT have been overly saturated for the past few weeks during peak hours. For a tier 1 provider, Verizon is starting to look a lot like Cogent with how terrible its peering and general routing has been lately.

0 Likes
cmaffia
Just a follow up. No more issues with the replaced router Verizon sent me. Even my computer no longer has corrupted downloads. I suggest replacing those older Antec routers if you still have one.
0 Likes