Playstation Network help
john129pats
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have been trying to access Playstation Network for months now, and recently, I can log in, but I can't access the PSN Store, or play games online. The logging in is random, and most times it won't log in, it'll just say Signing In Please wait, and sometimes I'll get a 801710B23 error. I did port forwarding for it, like opening ports 80, 443, and all the other required ports. I can use the internet browser just fine, but I just can't connect to psn. Help, anyone?

Btw, I have an action tec MI424WR Rev E, router/modem.
Tags (1)
Re: Playstation Network help
john129pats
Enthusiast - Level 2
Also, I've tried Upnp, but it still didn't work.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If upnp did not work, then you should follow these instructions. 

How to enable BASIC Port Forwarding on the MI424WR Verizon FiOS Router

The MI424WR Verizon FiOS Router ships with a long list of preconfigured settings for popular applications. If you know the specific port address etc that needs to be opened in the Router. Please go the page titled "How to enable ADVANCED Port Forwarding on the MI424WR Verizon FiOS Router."

• On any computer that is connected to the Internet, type http://192.168.1.1 in the web browser window and then press Enter.
  • Enter your User Name and Password.
  • Click the "Firewall Settings" icon, located on the middle of the top bar.
  • Click "Yes" to proceed.
  • Click "Port Forwarding", in the menu on the left.
  • Click "Add", located in red near the bottom left corner.
  • Select the device or computer that you want to port forward from.
  • Click the drop down menu for Protocol and select the application that you are using and click "Apply".  Congratulations, basic port forwarding is now enabled on the MI424WR Verizon FiOS Router

• Re: Playstation Network help
    Hubrisnxs
    Legend

Also, are you wireless or wired?  

If you're wireless, what kind of security are you using?  WEP, WPA, WPA2 PSK or AES? 

john129pats
    Enthusiast - Level 2
    I have already done port forwarding, and I have a wired connection.
    Hubrisnxs
    Legend

There aren't any other setting the actiontec needs.  It's either UPNP which allows the ps3 to open ports at will, kind of like port triggering for compatible upnp devices.

or port forward.

if you did one, you shouldn't need to do both.  The port forward is a manual way to do what UPNP is trying to accomplish. 

What does sony say that code means? 

0 Likes
    Hubrisnxs
    Legend

nevermind - I googled it. 

80710B23 - PS3 Network is Down or PS3 Network is too busy to respond

Might be a problem with sony, give them a call  and see what's going on. 

spacedebris
    Master - Level 2

Well always having a service busy error is a bit strange. I have a PS3 and very rarely have issues connecting. I sometimes have issues on Saturdays, but most of the time it connects just fine.

For the OP.   The PS3 has been having a lot of issue with the last few updates causing a multitude of issues. Have you tried manually downloading the most current update to a thumb drive and updating the PS3 again?  Or tried using the backup utility, formatting the hard drive and then restoring the backup? I recently had several issues with my PS3 (not quite the same as you but similar) where I could not get any downloads from the PS store. I backed up my services to a thumb drive and used my computer to download the most recent update. Then I formatted the PS3 and restored from the thumb drive. Havent had any issues since. It was a hassle and PS3 support was useless, but once done, everything is working again. You may want to try that. May help, may not. YMMV.