**Please Help** Need Help with Connectivity 10 Year Customer
EddieDro

Hello, I am a Verizon Fios Gigabit Plan Subscriber Living in the New York Area ( about 15 Minutes Away from Manhattan) using the g1100 gateway router. I have the triple play bundle - phone, television, and internet. I am Huge into competitive gaming, and over the past few weeks my internet has been extremely slow, and at randoms times. It is just my playstation 4 that is effected.

The times of the slowness are random, sometimes at 12 noon, 3pm, 8pm, 4am, etc.. The only way for me to fix this issue is by soft-rebooting the router, power cycle, or total reset. As of recently, no reset, or reboot will fix the issues at hand.

My console - playstation 4 - seems to get the worst of the connectivity, even when no other devices are connected to the network. I went out of my way to properly assign the ps4 a static IP both on console & the G1100, and proceeded to try a DMZ when the problems started to occur. I have tried port forwarding and nothing seems to work. I tried contacting support, and they simply tell me run a speed test, and they do on their end. Every single time all I hear is " the speeds appear fine and sorry, but we can't help with 3rd party software."

All devices in my house work amazing besides the console, which is wired by a CAT 6A ethernet chord, and I play on a 1MS monitor, its a brand new ps4 pro which I upgraded to on Christmas. How in God's name ( Mind my Language ) do I get a constant 960Down and 940Up on all devices in my household but get not even a quarter of that on my ps4, and suffer extreme latency??

Someone please help I'm willing to try anything at this point, its getting frustrating

TLDR Need help optimizing my ps4 with verizon fios, cause currently it is an unbearable mess of connectivity...

0 Likes
Re: **Please Help** Need Help with Connectivity 10 Year Customer
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hello, sorry to hear about the connecitivty issue you are experiencing.

How is for PS4 connected tot he router? (Wife? Ethernet?)

Keep in mind the PS4 is deisgned to only utilize bandwidth is needs so it doesn't hog all the bandwidth from other devices, a speed test is not a true test of good connectivity on these devices.

jonjones1
Legend

@Seeker1437 wrote:

Hello, sorry to hear about the connecitivty issue you are experiencing.

How is for PS4 connected tot he router? (Wife? Ethernet?)

It’s the WIFE connection that is causing the slow downs....😀

Don’t you just love spell check?

Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

Oh man! I wish I saw that earlier, can't edit it now.

EddieDro

It is connected via ethernet cat 6A

0 Likes
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the run distance of the cable?

EddieDro

Under 150 feet, so its outside of the distance loss.. 

@Seeker1437 wrote:

What is the run distance of the cable?

0 Likes
EddieDro

Believe its 85-100 feet 

0 Likes
EddieDro

do you have any ideas that I could try? 

0 Likes
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you look at the jacket of the cable does it say UTP and STP?

If UTP you might be close to the maximun run distance (not really close, but close enough it maight not be good enough) especially if it is running  anywhere it can get Radio Frequency Interference or Elecotrmagnetic Interfence over the cable .