Please bury our FIOS line!
redhorseridge
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Verizon to have FIOS put in, and told them I didn't want to "connect" until the line was in and buried. They had someone out to put the conduit in before sending someone to hook us up. The problem? The line wouldn't pull through the conduit.  So they hooked us up and left rolls of line in our neighbor's yard.  We were told they would come back the next week to fix it.  That was on March 25th.  They were supposed to come the first week of April, then the second.  Now I check my repair ticket and it's been pushed back to May 13th!  We have about 2000 feet of FIOS cable running along our driveway.  Most of it is lying on multiple neighbors' property (as our driveway has an easement). The cable is partially hanging from a tree by the road (there are actually two lines, one for us and one for a neighbor who lives on the same driveway), and when the wind blows, it rolls out into the driveway. We have to get out and put it back. The neighbor who has the big rolls of cable in his yard can't mow or do much until it's fixed.

Why is it taking a month and a half to put cable into conduits that already exist? 

0 Likes
Re: Please bury our FIOS line!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is mainly a peer to peer support forum.

Have you tried calling in to see what the issue is?

Unfortunately, I would think that the strike is going to slow things down.

0 Likes
Re: Please bury our FIOS line!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes